We are looking for developer who is comfortable with both front- and back-end programming. This programmer would be responsible for developing and designing front end web architecture, ensuring responsiveness of applications and working with graphic designers and game programmers for web design features.
You will be part of a close-knit team, collaborating with game designers, educators, researchers, graphic designers, and data scientists to build next-generation educational products incorporating the best practices of commercial game design with educational content.
This position is for our office in Troy, MI. Benefits include a competitive salary, health care, and 401k.
Send cover letter, resume, and portfolio by filling out this form.
• Developing front end website architecture
• Designing user interactions on web pages
• Developing back end website applications
• Creating servers and databases for functionality
• Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile devices
• Ensuring responsiveness of applications
• Working alongside graphic and game designers for web design features
• Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
• Designing and developing APIs
• Meeting both technical and customer needs
• Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
• Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and .Net
• Familiarity with database technology such as MsSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, and Firebase
• Good problem-solving and communication skills
• Love of games and learning
• Ability to work in a dynamic startup environment
• Knowledge of chemistry and physics a huge plus!