We are seeking an experienced designer to participate in the game development process from idea conception, play tests and wire framing to visual execution and development support. Share your portfolio - we want to see what you can do. :)
You will be part of a close-knit team, collaborating with game designers, educators, researchers, graphic designers, and data scientists to build next-generation educational products incorporating the best practices of commercial game design with educational content.
This position is for our office in Troy, MI. Benefits include a competitive salary, health care, and 401k.
Send cover letter, resume, portfolio when submitting for position.
• Design visual frameworks, interaction flows, mock ups, and quick prototypes as well as polished visual assets for 3D learning interactives and augmented reality applications
• Define and document user interfaces for mobile, web, and media applications
• Approach design from a user’s perspective, listening to users and balancing their needs alongside business goals and technical capabilities
• Working alongside subject matter experts and game developers to design features
• Conduct regular play tests and gather usability feedback to make informed UX recommendations
• Establish design best-practices and quality standard guidelines
• Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
• Experience designing and shipping successful products in a fast-paced technology environment
• An online portfolio featuring amazing interactive commercial work for desktop and mobile
• Ability to utilize rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques
• Experience designing for multiple platforms and screens
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, wire framing and prototyping software
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Good problem-solving and communication skills
• Love of games and learning
• Ability to work in a dynamic startup environment
• Knowledge of chemistry and physics a huge plus!