We are seeking a designer to participate in the development process from idea conception, user tests, and wireframing to visual execution and development support.
You will be part of a close-knit team, collaborating with learning designers, developers, educators, researchers to build next-generation educational products incorporating the best practices of product development. This position will be for both for a digital and a physical product. Since we are working with blind and low-vision individuals in our research, familiarity with accessibility standards is an important asset. Alchemie’s Kasi product is a first-of-its-kind multi-sensory interface for digital interactives which uses tactile manipulatives and computer vision.
This position is for our office in Troy, MI. Benefits include a competitive salary, health care, and 401k.
- Design visual frameworks, interaction flows, mockups, and quick prototypes as well as polished visual assets for digital learning interactives and manipulatives for our Kasi product
- Define and document user interfaces for mobile, web, and media applications
- Approach design from a user’s perspective, listening to users and balancing their needs alongside business goals and technical capabilities
- Working alongside subject matter experts and developers to design features
- Conduct regular user tests and gather usability feedback to make informed UX recommendations
- Participate with educational researchers in testing usability and feasibility of products
- Work with our package design team in creating accessible package for Kasi
- Establish design best-practices and quality standard guidelines
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction of equivalent
- Experience designing and shipping successful products in a fast-paced technology environment
- An online portfolio featuring amazing interactive commercial work for desktop and mobile
- Ability to utilize rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques
- Experience designing for multiple platforms and screens
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, wireframing and prototyping software
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Love of games and learning
- Ability to work in a dynamic startup environment
- Knowledge of chemistry and physics a huge plus!