We are seeking a Product Manager to bring the Kasi learning system to market. Alchemie’s Kasi product is a first-of-its-kind multi-sensory interface for digital interactives which uses tactile manipulatives and computer vision. Used to make digital learning accessible to those with blindness or low vision, Kasi has the potential to be a used by the general population of students to support learning of STEM subjects from kindergarten into college and careers.
You will be part of a close-knit team, collaborating with learning designers, developers, educators, researchers to build next-generation educational products incorporating the best practices of product development. This position will be for both for a digital and a physical product and will involve packaging design and plastics manufacturing. Our goal is to build the product in Michigan, specifically Northern Michigan. Since we are working with blind and low-vision individuals in our research, familiarity with accessibility standards is an important asset.
This position is for our office in Troy, MI. Benefits include a competitive salary, health care, and 401k.
- Lead product development, strategy, and redesign from concept through development and manufacturing to market launch
- Conduct market research, generating product requirements, developing marketing strategies, and determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction
- Coordinate with packaging design consultants to incorporate best practices of universal design for a truly accessible Kasi product
- Approach the business model from a user’s perspective, listening to users, and balancing their needs alongside business goals and technical capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, industrial engineering, with an MBA, a definite plus
- Certified Product Manager (CPM) or New Product Development (NPD) Profession Certification would be great
- Experience using Agile/Scrum methodology and/or workflow management tools
- 2-3 years relevant work experience, including project management experience
- Experience working in a startup environment a big plus
- Product innovation and development track record
- Technical and manufacturing know-how
- Data analytics and metrics management skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Organizational, planning, and documentation skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of chemistry and physics a huge plus!